Service Delivery Manager - Abbotsford AirportAbbotsford, Canada Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning Req ID: 2023-1127640 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
We are North America's leading security and facility services provider with approximately 300,000 service personnel. At Allied Universal(R), we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Regional Service Delivery Manager. The Service Delivery Manager (Region) will have oversight for screening operations within a certain geographic area. In addition, the Regional Service Delivery Manager will hold responsibility for the delivery of all operational Key Performance Indicators, while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies.
- Actively engage in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff as required
- Build and maintain a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on a daily basis
- Apply corrective measures as required following the progressive discipline process
- Ensure proper time and attendance tracking
- Compile reports for the screening area under their management
- Oversee/conduct workplace investigations with the guidance of Human Resources and senior management
- Participate in recruitment, as needed; conduct phone and in-person interviews and skills testing
- Perform administrative tasks that support the operation such as, but not limited to scheduling, payroll, uniform ordering and distribution, records, and file management, ordering CATSA consumables for the site, etc.
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Criminal Justice, or related field of study
- Two (2) years of post-secondary education combined with a year of supervisory/managerial experience in a customer service, or operational, or unionized environment
- Licensing requirements are subject to province and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Ability to acquire a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Eligible to apply for Federal Security Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years of work-related experience in a security management role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Proficient in office software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service, and negotiation skills
- Management experience in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Medical, dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Enrollment in our company’s 401(k)plan, subject to eligibility requirements
- Eight paid holidays annually, five sick days, and four personal days
- Vacation time offered at an accrual rate of 3.08 hours biweekly. Unused vacation is only paid out where required by law.