Security Guard - Amherstburg - Full timeAmhertsburg, Canada Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID: 2022-917939 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 300,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal®, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and more! We also offer company paid uniforms and part-time and flexible schedules!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Guards in Canada.
Job Title: Security Guard
Job Location: Amherstburg, ON
Job Type: Full -Time
Pay Rate: $16.50
Available SHIFTS: Full availability is asset. 32+ hours per week
Note: This site is not located on a bus route; Own vehicle is an asset.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
The Ideal Candidate
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positions may require the use of a computer for report writing and communications
- Applicants with security experience or Valid Drivers, Licence and reliable form of transportation may be considered for more advanced positions