Security GuardLangley, Canada Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening Req ID: 2023-1121148 Work Days Available Monday - Friday
We are North America's leading security and facility services provider with approximately 300,000 service personnel. At Allied Universal(R), we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Guards in Langley, BC Canada.
*Must possess a Valid Provincial Security Guard License*
Shift timings:1300-2100 Monday to Friday
Hourly Wage- $24/hr
- Enforce Contract Standards.
- Enforces Allied Universal’s policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs and security inspections for assigned facilities.
- Extensive knowledge of security protocol and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and visitors.
Qualified applicants for the Security Guard position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- Be at least 19 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- 1-2 Years experience in the security industry or related field
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Licensing requirements are subject to province and/or local laws and regulations and will be required before employment.
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client-specific sites
- Ability to handle crises at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods.