Security Guard- AirportOttawa, Canada Position Type Full Time Shift Type Evening,Morning Req ID: 2023-1127474 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
We are North America's leading security and facility services provider with approximately 300,000 service personnel. At Allied Universal(R), we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal® is hiring Security Guards for the Ottawa Airport! The Airport Security Guard will be responsible for the security and safety of our client’s property and personnel. The Security Guard should know all site-specific policies and procedures, and implement emergency response activities as appropriate, while providing superior customer service.
- Pay-rate $19.00- $24.00 per hour
- Opportunity for growth
- Extended Healthcare
- Paid Training
- Free Uniforms
· Monitor traffic and vehicle/equipment activities including parking, proper use of vehicle corridors and speeding
· Monitor and report waste management problems on the ramp, E.g. overflowing bins etc.
· Monitor and report wildlife/birds to the authorities
· Monitor and report airside smoking
· Report any fluid (ie. Fuel) spills
· Monitoring and inspection of security system equipment (security doors, cameras, locks, etc.)
· Verification of airport restricted area passes utilizing mobile card reader
· Detection and enforcement action in the event of infractions against regulations relating to the Aeronautics Act and other aerodrome regulations
· Crowd control and maintenance of public order within the PTB (Passenger Transportation Board)
· Providing assistance to emergency response personal including escort of emergency vehicles onto the airfield
· Providing assistance to the public, i.e., general information, directions etc.
· Conduct AVOP enforcement and the writing of AVOP violation tickets as required
· Assist local police services, airport section in conducting bomb explosive device searches
· Operate Explosive Trace Detection Equipment (EVD) as required
· Respond to alarms at the passenger screening checkpoint, if requested by the local police service and/or the AOCC
· Protection of human lives and property
· Complete appropriate reports and or daily logs on all incidents, security infractions, deficiencies or other irregularities noted during patrols
· Retrieve foreign object debris (FOD) as required and if possible, identify the source of the FOD
· Escort unauthorized personnel out of the restricted Area if found therein
· Conduct VIP and general airside escorts on behalf of the airport Operations manager as requested
· At the start of each shift, conducts an inspection of airside patrol vehicle and notes any defects on the Airside Maintenance Report and reports them promptly and
· Other related security duties or assignments as directed
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- A valid G license for obtaining required clearances
- Additional licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- No prior experience required
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Valid AVOP (Airside Vehicle Operators Permit)
- Previous contract security, military, or law enforcement experience